Yoshimura R-77 exhaust - Page 2 - Yamaha FZ8 Forum : Fazer8 FZ-8 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

I installed the Graves smog blockoff plates and all the popping went away. It sounds a lot smoother now, I really hated that occasional pop between shifting gears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 02:35 PM

Yeah some hate the popping, personally I love it
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 11:50 AM

Awesome work guys. I love the R77 myself. I think when I save up I'm going to try out the new R77-D and possibly get some custom work done to get rid of the cat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-17-2011, 05:50 PM

Inconvenience with the R77-D is that there's no removable baffle. Here's the answer I got from Yoshi when I was looking into it before buying the R77.
"For your FZ8 the mufflers are identical in all aspects physically just “D” version has the dual tip. Sound wise the “D” will but a bit quieter due to the dual outlets and is untunable, where the single has a low volume insert that come in the kit that you can install to low the sound that comes out of the muffler"

Last edited by Speedo007; 12-17-2011 at 05:53 PM.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 08:22 AM

Georgia doesn't have motorcycle exhaust rules so I'm not concerned about the baffle, but being quieter is a problem. I want my bike to be a little on the loud side. Four bangers sound so good. They look great though. They have a 3/4 exhaust for the new Honda CB1000. I think that might be cool to if they'll fit one.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 12:07 AM

FZ800 if you like it on the loud side check out Danmoto GP/carbon slip-on, I put one on my FZ800 and love it, and for the price 115.00 to my door it was a awesome price
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 08:50 PM

Those sound nice I haven't done anything with mine yet, my buddy has a Jardine shorty pipe that he said he'd sell me for $20, it has the polished finish so it'd match the bike pretty well, but it doesn't have back pressure it's basically like a straight pipe. Would that hurt my FZ?
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 12:57 PM

What's up Trixster8? I have a 2011 FZ8 and replaced the stock exhaust with a carbon fiber R77 slip-on. I wanted to ask if the Graves Smog Block-off Plates completely eliminated the popping you were getting. Also, are the block-off plates a task for a professional mechanic or is the installation something that can easily be done at home. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 04:31 AM

good pictures
so does the vedio
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badupski2004 View Post
What's up Trixster8? I have a 2011 FZ8 and replaced the stock exhaust with a carbon fiber R77 slip-on. I wanted to ask if the Graves Smog Block-off Plates completely eliminated the popping you were getting. Also, are the block-off plates a task for a professional mechanic or is the installation something that can easily be done at home. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
Hey Badupski2004, Yes, the block-off plates will eliminate the popping. It can be done at home, you just need the right tools and some patience. The hardest part is removing/installing the bolts for the plates. There's very little clearence, dropping the radiator down a bit helps out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ8 Forum : Fazer8 FZ-8 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page