Turn signals - Yamaha FZ8 Forum : Fazer8 FZ-8 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Turn signals

Has anyone done a led turn signal swap yet? If so, what problems are we having with resistors, flasher units etc?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 01:10 AM

I just recently installed a Rumble Concept rear turn signal on mine. I just let the turn signals blink at a little faster rate and didn't bother with resistors. There was a study about blink rate and it has been been found that a faster blinking rate attracts better attention then standard rate, my opinion that's safer.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 06:30 PM

I had the officiel Yamaha LED blinkers installed by the dealer when I bought the bike. Expensive, but love em (they told me it was possible to add another resitance so that it would flash at the same speed as normal blinkers). Personnaly I dont mind it flashing faster as it gets more attention.

Last edited by Speedo007; 09-04-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-04-2011, 08:09 PM

Check out the Lockhart-Phillips LED Flasher Relay for Yamaha (SKU 122-7515). They claim it maintains stock turn signal flash rate on any LED turn signal.

Lockhart Phillips USA: The Sportibke Connection & Your #1 Accessories Supplier For Over 25 Years
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 12:23 AM

Speed What tires are you running?
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 08:31 AM

Michelin Pilot Road 2. They are awesome.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-05-2011, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaZerick8 View Post
Check out the Lockhart-Phillips LED Flasher Relay for Yamaha (SKU 122-7515). They claim it maintains stock turn signal flash rate on any LED turn signal.

Lockhart Phillips USA: The Sportibke Connection & Your #1 Accessories Supplier For Over 25 Years

Thats what I used. Plug in and go. Works a treat.

Sarcasm is not funny...no really, it's not
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 02:14 PM

Hi there Speedo007. I have not been able to locate the official Yamaha LED Signals in the US. Would you know if the Canadian LEDs are compatible with the US FZ8? I've only seen those LEDs on the Yamaha Canada and Yamaha Europe websites and they are the only models I've come across that I really like.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 02:20 PM

They are just like any other aftermarket blinkers you'd buy off ebay and they include the resistor so they blink at an almost normal speed. If it was to do over again, I'd just find some nice LED's off ebay, MUCH cheaper, and overall you probably won't see much of a difference. My guess is they might not be able to offer them in the US cause they don't meet vehicule standards or something...Don't get me wrong, I love the Yamaha ones, they look great and are super bright even in harsh daylight, but I think you can find just as good for much less.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 02:32 PM

Thanks for the quick detailed response. Your suggestions are appreciated but I think I rather pay the extra money for the "official" Yamaha LEDs. The pictures you posted look so clean and bright and the finish looks like a quality finish. I've seen one set on another bike that looked and felt really cheap. I don't think I want to deal with cheap. I also like the fact that they blink so much quicker than the standard signal. I'm in New York and could use all the help I can to be seen in these congested streets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ8 Forum : Fazer8 FZ-8 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page