Dynamic Fuel guage - gas mileage - Page 2 - Yamaha FZ8 Forum : Fazer8 FZ-8 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 01:30 AM

The Last Fill Up I Got 145 And The Fuel Digit Had Not Start Blinking. I Noticed With Chevron I Get Way Better Mileage. They Were Cheaper Than 76 That Day.

"I'll Have It In Black"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

So RT66 and anyone else - What grade of gas are you running? Premium, mid-grade or regular unleaded. Here in Texas it is 90-92 - 88 and 86 octane amd I have been running premium so far but may go to regular in the near future.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 07:48 AM

I've been having this issue with my guage, it was showing empty around90-100 miles, I'd fill it up and it'd take 1.5 - 2 gallons. Told the dealer who called Yamaha. They claimed there were no issues with the guage. Said to fill it up and run it till the red light flashes at that point you will have .9 gallon left. Filled it and drove it 79 miles the final hashmark started flashing, no red light. Reported back to the dealer who called Yamaha again. They are sending a new fuel pump, that's where the gas guage is and it's covered under warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 06:19 AM

OK that was a total joke. I took my bike in and they said they would run a test to see what was wrong with the fuel gauge. When i went back to pick up the bike they said there was nothing wrong with the gauge. I asked them to explain how the a 4.5 gallon tank shows empty (last bar flashing) yet it only takes 2 - 2.5 gallons to completely refill it? The mechanic I talked to was understanding but said he had to do as he was instructed by Yamaha.

Don't get me wrong I love this bike but my experiences with Yamaha overall have been disapointing starting with their revolving credit socalled loan offering that thankfully i did not use, to the bad attitude of the dealership, the cost of the 1st service $275.00 and finally this a piss poor way of handling a very obvious problem with this gauge. Sorry to say my next bike (next year) will not be a Yamaha. (Was considering the R1, which is really what I wanted before setteling for this FZ8 due to my long layoff from riding).

Last edited by ZoomZoom; 10-04-2011 at 06:22 AM.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanracing View Post
So it seems my guage is a little premature and I am wondering how some of the reviews indicate a 200 mile range.
So the bike is suffering from premature indication?
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 05:24 AM

ZoomZoom If I Filled Up Normal I would Have Almost The Same Issue. Like I Said Earlier Sit On The Bike So It Is Level, Other Wise It Will Not Fill Up All The Way Plus It Will Fill Then Settle Below The Screen At least Another Gallon An Half Worth.
I Have 3000 Miles Almost. Today I Rode Almost All Freeway 74mph Thru 94mph And Have 165 On The Trip And Is Flashing Between The 2nd Digit To Last Digit.
Mostly Using Bike For Commuting To Work 3-4 Times A Week.

"I'll Have It In Black"
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rt66FZ8 View Post
ZoomZoom If I Filled Up Normal I would Have Almost The Same Issue. Like I Said Earlier Sit On The Bike So It Is Level, Other Wise It Will Not Fill Up All The Way Plus It Will Fill Then Settle Below The Screen At least Another Gallon An Half Worth.
I Have 3000 Miles Almost. Today I Rode Almost All Freeway 74mph Thru 94mph And Have 165 On The Trip And Is Flashing Between The 2nd Digit To Last Digit.
Mostly Using Bike For Commuting To Work 3-4 Times A Week.

I'll give that a try.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 01:18 PM

been looking at getting a FZ8 and having a inborn problem and yamaha not wanting to fix this problem, i need to rethink about this purchase. all the money spent on a new bike, a fuel gauge should work right.
last thing anyone need's is a bad fuel gauge sicking them out in nowhere land 50 miles from fuel, if it can fail to your side, it can fail and hurt you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ8 Forum : Fazer8 FZ-8 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page