Bike Maintenance - Yamaha FZ8 Forum : Fazer8 FZ-8 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 11:59 PM Thread Starter

Bike Maintenance

Hey,
Iím new to biking. About a month ago I got endorsed and bought my first sports bike - 2006 Ninja EX500.
I wonder - how did/do you learn about the proper maintenance of your bike? I want to make sure that my Prince is in a great condition, but MOM seems to be so detailed and tediousÖ Is there any other (easier?) way?
My friend did a thorough inspect. once I first bought it and said that itís in a perfect condition, and I have nothing to worry about, but it feels bad to do nothing (except for minor cleaning/lubing/pressure checks) to take care of it.
I canít wait to get my hands dirty !!!
Let me know what did you do to learn about how what works and how to fix/maintain your bike by yourself ?
Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 05:58 PM

i have had motorcycles, four wheelers and even a few three wheelers over the course of 30 plus years. i learned by wrecking one then having to fix it or whenever there was an issue just repairing it. if its something you may not have alot of confidence in doing by yourself then have someone there when you do something. don't hurry to do maintenance or repairs it will come soon enough.

Mental stability notwithstanding, what differentiates the road racer from his "short track" kin does lay somewhere between the ears!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 02:16 AM Thread Starter

thx for your info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 05:55 AM

You will learn how to take care of your motorbike through different forums. Fz8 is the one of the best resource. Just learns first from any experts then try on your bike.

Happy Riding
Full Face Helmets
"I listen to Helmet - and I love Helmet, they're a great band - but every song sounds the same"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ8 Forum : Fazer8 FZ-8 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page