Profiled - Yamaha FZ8 Forum : Fazer8 FZ-8 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Profiled

If any of you are members of a Police department - I would love to have your thoughts on this.
Today I am riding home and I noticed that a patrol car was behind me with his lights on. I thought he can’t be after me as I was only going about 45-48 on a posted 50 mph road and going the pace of traffic. I was in the middle lane and bared right and he followed, so I pulled off onto a side street and stopped.
He pulled in right behind me and after what seemed like forever he got out of the car and approached me. Immediately I started to panic –was I speeding – no, did I do anything wrong – no, bike is new so the tags, registration, insurance are all is up to date – why am I being stopped.
I was just sitting there on the bike with the engine off ,kickstand down and when he came up to me I asked – is there a problem officer? He said not yet – please remove your helmet and let me see your driver’s license and insurance. I politely asked to dismount my bike and removed my helmet. He just looked at me and I gave him both cards and he looked them over. There was a long pause and then he said - you are free to go…
I thought to myself – just shut up and go home but I couldn’t… I asked …was I speeding – he said – obviously not or you would be getting a ticket right now. I replied then can I ask why you pulled me over? He looked down at the ground and then said because typically you sport bike riders have no motorcycle license, no insurance and the bike is out of inspection. I did not know what to say and just said ok…. He walked off
Wow… really…. I know some of the “Squids” are idiots and don’t take care of business but to pull over any sport bike for no reason just to see if you can get a ticket? It is not like I ride with a flashy helmet with a Mohawk on it and a skull covered jacket. I ride with a solid black helmet with a smoked out windscreen, no Mohawk and wear a Joe Rocket armored jacket that is red and black but nothing flashy.
There is a high school close to where I was and this is a college town but it seems like I was merely profiled and pulled over with the hope I was worth several tickets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 09:32 AM

You should have got his badge number and filed a complaint.

He clearly stated you had done nothing wrong and had no reason to pull you.

Sarcasm is not funny...no really, it's not
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 01:02 PM

the way stated by hoover is easily the best way to handle it. last thing you want to do is lose your cool on the side of the freeway and say something you shouldn't. you could still file a complaint if you know the date, time and location where you were pulled over.
i ride with an officer and he says they are supposed to notify dispatch anytime they stop. they do that for safety reasons. he said maybe he called it in and they could track it that way.

Mental stability notwithstanding, what differentiates the road racer from his "short track" kin does lay somewhere between the ears!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 03:59 AM

that officer voided your civil rights, you could sue the dept in ca, report him and contact a civil right lawyer. this is why we need to have voice recorders on our persons at all times.

i understand in some areas leo's have a hard time...but from what was posted is just wrong on many levels.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 07:34 PM

you were stopped illegally. civil rights violation. chances are you dont need his badge #. just the date and time should be enough. when he went 10-38 with your motorcycle dispatch should know exactly who stopped you and using the GPS in his car they know where he/ you were at. file a complaint ! you will prolly need a lawyer or a local civil rights person to push the issue.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013, 08:29 AM

which policeman voided your own civil legal rights, you might prosecute the dept in ca, report him or her as well as speak to some sort of civil suitable attorney. this is why we should have tone of voice recorders upon the individuals always.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FZ8 Forum : Fazer8 FZ-8 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page